• I’m a first-generation immigrant. I immigrated from Bangladesh to the U.S.A at the age of 4.5. I learned English as an ESL/ELL student.
• I have lived in 5 different states and attended 9 different schools. I am an expert new girl.
• I am a recovering marketing executive. I joined Twitter in 2007 and launched the social media and community programs for ModCloth, JustFab, Fabletics, and ShoeDazzle. Now I’m a digital marketing consultant and owner of Pen to Presence. I consult for B2C and B2B companies.
• A grade school guidance counselor told me I would never be as strong in English as I was in Math because English is my second language. Lucky for me, I only listened to adults 50% of the time. As soon as I could put together sentences, I never stopped writing.
• Sharing my culture, heritage, and religion as a part of the American story is important to me. Currently, I share my Muslim mommy experience on IslamiMommy. When I was 21, I co-founded SAPNA magazine.
• For as long as I can remember, I wanted to write and illustrate children’s books.
• If you enjoy laughing at yourself, we will probably be friends. 🙂
Books have always been my happy place…
Picture Book Reader
Photo Credit: Milly Khan